Dinner Menu Planning


If I am to plan a weekly dinner menu, I will definitely try not to repeat same recipes for at least 10 to 14 days! That is my goals although I think it is rather hard to achieve and needs careful planning. But with so much resources in recipes books (which I have A LOT) and internet unlimited resources, it is possible to achieve. Although I will add, the limitation often comes from the choices of raw ingredients that we could source. However, I have seen like 50 Recipes for Chicken although some of them I would not eat. My personal philosophy is that no matter how much you like on dish, you should eat it everyday or every other day, you should just have it occasionally once in a fortnight, that will be a brilliant idea.

My personal preference would be western, less frying, more raw ingredients kind of cooking. I like eastern menu but I have not acquired many of the skills to cook the elaborate eastern recipes! There is a lot to catch up on and opportunity to blog about my experiences.

For a starter, I will plan a One-Pot Dish with salad or one side dish (like fish or meatballs) along with soup and rice. 

I would like to introduce different countries' flavour to our family, that is probably one way to make the menu creative and distinctive and not repetitive every week!

Here is what I envisage the mood and setting and how a fortnight menu will look like for dinner :-

Monday - to chase away Monday Blues, a simple-to-cook meal will be appreciated by the chef, could be something from the left-overs, a simple one-pot dish with soup and rice. Perhaps focus on the soup which can be cooked in the morning and reheat in evening.

Tuesday - The Blues should be gone by now, with some careful planning, some preparation in the morning, the dish could be cooked or marinated and put in the fridge.

Wednesday - The Midday week, we should allow some flexibility if a tough week is at hand. Perhaps allow a take-away with a soup from home.

Thursday - Depends on mood, we can cook up something to enjoy. 

Friday - Winding down of the work week, slowing things down, something simple and hot will be nice. 

Saturday - Our Family Eat-out day or families celebrations.

Sunday - Families Meals time with our extended families, every family brings a dish. A time to pass down legacy menu, a trial on recipes adventure.



Monday - 
  • Asia Menu 
  • Chicken or Pork Soup 


Tuesday - 
  • Peri-Peri Chicken


Wednesday - 
  • Take-away option
  • Kids Cooking Adventure 

Thursday - 
  • International Menu (Fish & Chips, Pasta Night, 

Friday - 


Saturday - 
  • Family Eat Out Day

Sunday - 
  • Family Gathering - Cook-A-Dish Pot Luck Day



Comments

Popular Posts