Home-cooked Dinners Week 1


First two evening dinners after our maid left. Both of the main dishes were done in a rush. 

On Thursday 9 August, I got home after buying the fresh chickens at 5:45 pm. I marinated the thighs with mixed herbs and garlic and put them into the oven by 6:15 pm. Dinner was ready by 7:05pm, I had time to let the chickens rest after the roasting.

On Friday 10 August, I got really sleepy and indecisive what to cook, I have chicken meat in the fridge, ready to cook but which one - whole chicken, drumsticks or breast meat? I decided since Wallace not eating and Bel had her fried rice, I was just cooking for 3 of us. So it was chicken breast meat with mustard honey sauce (which I bought from Melbourne Australia).

My family thought the chicken thighs really delicious and yummy. I was happy that they were just nicely cooked.  

I am still learning about portion and trying not to cook too little as I believe in cooking more for next day but I am also mindful about left-over, overnight meals and to finish them the next day.

Sunday Pot-Luck Dinner - my contribution were Roast Chicken on Can (coffee) and 5 medium Pizza. 

Next week will be a challenge as I need to plan and cook for at least 4 dinners !




Comments

Popular Posts