Fish Pie

I have been told Fish Pie is easy to make and I love Fish Pie! What stopped me from making it is that I could not make White Sauce, I used to burn the flour or it became lumpy and I had to buy mushroom soup to fill in as White Sauce which is not the same taste.

I saw this video in Facebook and read it on website then decided to make it!


Its a thumbs up from my family members.

My recipe is as follows :-

  • 1.5 kg potatoes
  • 4 eggs , optional
  • 50 g unsalted butter
  • 50 g plain flour
  • 2 fresh bay leaves
  • 350 ml fish stock
  • 350 ml semi-skimmed milk
  • 5 gloves Garlic diced
  • 1 Onion sliced
  • 50 g Cheddar cheese
  • ½ a lemon
  • 1 heaped teaspoon English mustard
  • a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley , optional

  • 300 g skinless, boneless white fish
  • 200 g prawns
  • 200 g baby spinach optional

Method
1) Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes, at half point, add in eggs. Mash the potatoes (not too much)
2) Put butter in frying pan, add flour and stir, add milk, minced garlic, onions, bay leaves, and bring to boil.
3) Add mustard sauce, grated cheese and lemon juice at the end.
4) Lay out raw fish, prawns, eggs at the botton of pan, pour white sauce over, then add the cooked spinach and mashed potatoes on top. Grate some cheese on top.
5) Bake 200 C for 30-45 minutes.

Serve with green peas or green salad.



Fish Pie 2.0 - Fish, Prawns, Scallops - Yummilicious !

Comments

Popular Posts