Mini Cup Cakes Portions

 I offered to bake 106 mini cupcakes and in my mind, I got it all worked out, how many butter portions would that be but because one was cempedak, the other banana, the quantity came out totally different ! First, we did 2 portion Cempedak and 1 portion Banana. The day before the 2 portion Cempedak yielded 59 mini cupcakes but tonight just 51! Then the Banana cake portion only made 31 which means we only have a total of 82 ! Short of 24 !! 

Epic Fail, this is so not me to make such mistakes but baking mini cupcakes really have to go by experience and feel. Here are the recipes I used. In the end, we made another batch of Banana Cake, this time threw in more banana, more flour, more milk to make it bigger volume ! We made 33 of out it ! So we have 9 extra ! But too much time loss in this baking ! 

Cempedak Cake

500 g Butter

10 Oz / 300 g Brown Sugar

12 Oz Flour (increase to 16 Oz)

2 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Sodium Bircarbornate (I added this so it rises better)

2 tsp Vanilla (ran out and left it out)

10 Eggs (if large I will use 9)

300-400 g Cempedak puree (200 for light flavour)

1 1/2 Cup Milk


160 C 50-60 minutes (cool oven make cakes raise more even and less brown)

Make 50++ mini cupcakes 

Make 2 Round 10 inches cakes

Other version of recipes :-

http://bakericious.blogspot.my/2012/11/cempedak-butter-cake.html


Banana Butter Cake (I created this on the spot, following the Cempedak Butter Cake recipe)

500 g Butter

10 Oz / 300 g Brown Sugar

12 Oz Flour (increase to 16 Oz)

2 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Sodium Bircarbornate (I added this so it rises better)

2 tsp Banan Essence 

10 Eggs (if large I will use 9)

500-600 g Banana

1 1/2 Cup Milk

This yields about 64 mini cupcakes


I think banana cake no need to use butter and its too dense, a bit wasted on the 2 block of butter but anyway, Butter cake always taste good, so they may not realise its Banana Cake.



Comments

Popular Posts