Slow Cooker Beer Stew Pork Knuckle

 


For 2024, a friend posted this Facebook Tik-Tok in our WhatsApp Group and it got me excited to try it out. 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/692390399745026

1. I put the pork knuckle in boiling water with coffee beans to get rid of the smell and some blood

2. Pan fry to char the skin a bit with ginger and garlic (fry with sesame oil earlier). I put some ABC Soy Sauce to brown the skin.

3. Put into slow cooker,  bay leaves, star anise and then 2 tins of Beer (I used Carlsberg) and slow cook for 3-4 hours on high. 

4. For the sauce, I used all that remain inside the pot but it has a bit bitter taste. I put in half of bottle of pickled Vegetable with the syrup. For variation, can put in black fungus, mushroom etc. 


Note :- the pork came apart easily.  







Comments

Popular Posts